The mountains are calling and I must go - John Muir

The mountains are calling and I must go - John Muir

Saturday, May 3, 2014

The Spring Swing

It has been a while since I have written one of these. I told myself I was going to stick with it but truth is in between papers for class and studying for the end of the semester, writing for heck of it just hasn't seemed to logical, Anyways...

Spring weather is finally upon us here in Western North Carolina and fishing is picking up tremendously all across the region. The wild streams are starting to produce really good fish as well as most of the stocked streams. A lot has happened since I have last made a post. I have guided several trips and taken many days to myself on some local streams and lakes. The bass on cedar cliff and bear lake are also starting to move up towards the beds and a few fish are already laying on the beds. Some hot patterns that have been producing really well... Girdle Bugs, Frenchies, Iron Lotus (early in the morning especially), Pheasant tails (Many Variations), and hares ears have been my go to's lately. I'm gonna make this short but I will continue to post frequently as I fish and as things change. Good luck and tight lines!

No comments:

Post a Comment