The mountains are calling and I must go - John Muir

The mountains are calling and I must go - John Muir

Friday, December 6, 2013

I've Never Had a Bad Day of Fishing

Priorities priorities priorities...Exactly what I hear on a daily basis from my parents... They often ask me whether they are paying for me to get an education or paying for me to fish all the time, I just laugh and say that the education is just an added bonus. I was talking to my roommate the other day and we both agreed that we have never had a bad day of fishing when we were supposed to be in class....Mom, Dad, if your reading this, try not to have a heart-attack. It's true, I have skipped class on many occasions to go fishing when I couldn't imagine sitting through yet another minute of boring lectures on things that I will never use in my life. Fishing just seems much more rewarding and is definitely a whole lot more fun. It would usually start by my roommate sending me a text message saying, "Wanna Fish?" and it always ended by packing up our things and trying to quietly get up and slide out the door without being noticed or causing too much distraction. In fact, some of the best days I can remember on the river were when we were supposed to be in class, high number catches, big fish catches, I have never been disappointed!

Anyways!!

The river conditions for today, and probably for the next few days, are going to be fairly poor. The rain has moved in and made some of the smaller rivers turn that chocolatey milk color that all fisherman just love! Hope you can feel the sarcasm. The Tuck is now under a heavy generation schedule for the next few days meaning the river will be high and hard to wade. If that's not enough to deter you,  the water is starting to turn a little murky from the rain as well. I have retired my afternoon to my humble abode to sit and tie some flies for when the water is back to normal! Have a great day everyone and God bless. I wish you the best of luck on your next fishing adventure!


1 comment:

  1. I'm going to enjoy following your blog.... Sorry Thanksgiving was slow (weather) In hindsight, we should've drove up to Hatteras for a day. Those Red Drum were thick in the surf.... Looking forward to our next adventure. I'm already making excuses for another trip to the Mountains!

    ReplyDelete